Martes, Hulyo 23, 2013

Coron The second time around




July 2-4 is the date to be, there is a typhoon on June 31 so we are a bit worried for our flights be cancelled. But the typhoon passed just before July 2nd so it’s time to rejoice. I have my Tita Mila, Tito Cesar, my twin sister and daughter Amara with me on my 2nd time in Coron so I’m excited.

July 2, it was a safe flight, since we don’t have anything to do in the afternoon, we stayed in our inn (Coron Reef Pension House) and slept. During the night we went for dinner, I noticed that there are a lot of Korean restaurant already compared to the last time I had been here. The plaza is so crowded, lots of trike, lots of vendor, lots of Koreans and few Europeans. This is how Coron turned out to be.

We were supposed to go to Maquinit Hotspring but it’s already 7:30pm and the resort closes at 8pm.

3rd July
We met Jun and the crew of the boat as well as Ms. Judith (DIY Coron) at exactly 7am. Destinations are Bulog Dos, Banana Island and Malcapuya.

At the time we reached Bulog Dos after an hour, I’ve noticed that the place has a sort of rope for the boats not to dock on, I wondered why because the last time I was here I was not able to snorkel so I didt know I had so much to see when I did this time. Though a lot of Corals were damaged but they are still beautiful in a way. I just hope though that it has been protected wayyy before. 


We also trek a small hill where we saw this




 I also took a picture of Amara sitting on the same tree I was sitting on the last time I've been here


Also took this


Next Destination: Banana Island
Still this island amazes me, the combination of grass land, trees and white sands – it was awesome. This is where we ate our lunch and spend most of our time  snorkeling, sand castle building, picture taking, swimming and just bumming.

And for me, this is where I fulfilled my #22 in 30 before 30 bucketlist: headstand on a beach, I look stupid at first…



I did some few crunches and voila!


Amara pretty much enjoyed it here, well she would as long as there is a water and sand to stand onto.

Last destination: Malcapuya
It was really hot and the only person walking by the beach and swimming are Amara and I, surprised? Nah!
Amara and I are about to climb the hill but I went first because I was not able to find the stairs and so I went up on those hikable part, she insisted on going down and waiting for me there because it was a bit hard for her. And when I went down, I found this stair and Amara was insiting to go up, but I said I was too tired. She just went with this guy instead and climb it herself.

While going down.



4th July
I hired Kuya Ruel this time, our 2012 boatman because to purchase a package from DIY Coron would cost us 1350 each while renting a boat would only cost the whole group  1500. We just rented some masks and snorkels at the Pier.


1st Destination : Siete Pecados
We docked on the other side which compared to the 2012 is a bit underprotected. But this is where my Tito, Tita and cousin enjoyed. They loved swimming and seeing that much coral. Amara is just too scared to get out of the boat and so Kuya Ruel got her a clownfish, put it inside a bottle and let Amara see it. He returned it afterwards- I myself made sure of that.
skin diving


2nd Destination: Kayangan Lake
The entrance made a lot of WOWs from my cousin and Tito and Tita, it was worth the WOW anyway. My tita dipped in the entrance lagoon and she said it’s worth the visit being there alone but we really gotta see the Lake. At that time of the year there are a lot of mosquitos, a lot of them bit me and they are huge! I made sure though that it was malaria and dengue free. As for Amara, good thing Kuya Ruel had a mosquito repellant lotion. We made a hike and of course I was the one left behind, poor me. My kid even told me that I was so bagal! Anyway I reached the lake after a few minutes and took this picture


Kuya Ruel said that we missed a small cave the last time we were here and so he showed it to us. I was not able to swim a lot because I was too tired bringing Amara to the cave.
 
the cave I was telling you about

 
3rd Destination: Banol Beach
My daughter’s place. The moment she jumped in the white sands she swam and swam and swam. She was even the last one to board the boat. We were supposed to make this our last destination but I insisted we go to Twin Lagoon.


 4th Destination: Twin Lagoon
It took a lot of effort to walk Amara to the bamboo pathway, I was already dipping wheen they are halfway. She insisted she wanted to come although this would mean someone would drag her. Good thing is Kuya Ruel provided a donut floater for her and he insisted that he’ll be the one to swim with her and so he did. They only went back because holding on the floater made Amara’s hands stiff. We swan a little, there was a little butterfly that landed on my Tito’s hand, and it’s wings were wet. He took it to the boat and set it free.

the bamboo pathway

fish, the water here looks like have oil in it so you cant really take a decent photo underwater


And then we had to go back to the city life!  See you again soon Coron!

For Coron First Timers I would highly recomment these guys

Driver (airport Busuanga Airport – Coron Town – Busuanga Airport): Jayjay 09199914078

Boatman : Ruel 09176363521 ; 09283187740
-          he’s a really hands-on tour guide, he do what you do and a very good cook, too!. And they are Bicolanos!

If you want someone to arrange everything for you contact Ms. Judith 09156961854; 09399213506
-          She can arrange the tour including boat, food and accommodation and airport transfer for you

Coron Reef Pension House
-          it’s air-conditioned! And near the pier and market and town. It wasn’t a class A accommodation but will suit for budget traveler like me who want her own CR. Plus the crew are really friendly.  You can also arrange your breakfast, lunch and dinner with them.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento